Stuck inside? Time for some RPG escapism

With an abundance of (enforced) time inside, I thought it was high time to start rotating through some RPGs I'd been in mid-playthrough, as well as some I'd been meaning to play for many, many years.





I'd also meant to give Seiken Densetsu 3 and Shining Force 3 a go. In the case of the former, enjoying the Trials of Mana re-make demo gave me a push. Meanwhile, thoughts of how much I'd enjoyed Shining Force 2 made me fire up 3.




I've been seeking an entry point to the Breath of Fire series for years, trying 2, 3, and 4 at various times. I'm trying 2 again on SNES but the frequency of random encounters is getting on my nerves a bit...










I've recently restarted Grandia to try out the fan patch that translates the Saturn version. It made for a good excuse for yet another play-through, albeit my first proper replay in many years.

I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoyed some of the early game, once leaving Parm, and also how good the magic system is. I really like that to become faster at casting a spell, and to unlock new spells of that element, your characters need to actually use that magic, rather than just level up and wait for the numbers to hit the right target.

All the above as been de-railed slightly, however, by the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake, which has completely dominated my gaming time this past week. And, after plowing through that, there's the small matter of the Trials of Mana release later this month. I loved the demo and can't wait for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the ComputerName value in Unattend.xml using PowerShell

Testing out Link Aggregation

Xbox 360 Exclusive JRPGs on Xbox One