Raising the dead...

I've been resurrecting a Database I wrote about 10 years back (and have been tacking on additions to ever since). I wrote it so long ago that it assumes register_globals = on - so I was faced with either running an old version of PHP just for it or updating it to do things properly (i.e., use superglobals instead).

I figured I'd get out my (metaphorical) shovel and at least kludge together something to have it running until I knuckle down an re-write the front-end - which means it's now full of $variable = $_REQUEST['variable'] lines...

It's actually been kind of fun going through something I wrote so long ago, full of things I'd never do if I was writing it today and a few things I'd actually forgotten how to implement.



Still works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the ComputerName value in Unattend.xml using PowerShell

Testing out Link Aggregation

Xbox 360 Exclusive JRPGs on Xbox One