2012-08-01

Reports of this SSD's death are greatly exaggerated

I thought for a couple days that the shiny new SSD I'd installed would need to be shipped back due to the intermittent controller errors it was reporting. I hadn't had the time to muck around with it until today, when I opened up the case and found the cause was simply the data cable's connector being slightly faulty to the point where it came partially away from the socket due to the cable tension. So, a new cable later and all is well. On the bright side it also reminded me to move it into the SATA3 port and not the SATA2, which would have been a bit of a waste.

SATA Spaghetti
Now, time to clear up the utter mess I made of the cabling while testing...

No comments:

Post a Comment