Setting up my new router lab



After putting in a new shelf and tidying up my network gear a week ago - as seen below - it was time to organize the Cisco routers I'd picked up off eBay during the week.



First thing to do was add the extra WICs I'd bought (WIC-1Ts as they could be had for around $15, whereas 2Ts started at $30). The 2821 - maxed out spec-wise and already running IOS 15.1 - came with no WICs at all, while I chose one of the 2600-series to be 'piggy-in-the-middle', so to speak, and it now has two serial cards.




And that was that. The 3 routers are now sitting on the trolley I picked up a couple weeks back (much cheaper than a wheeled-rack; easily movable/adjustable). Above them the switch setup is starting to take shape with the two 3550s that just came in the post. I'll add the 2950 I already have and hopefully a couple more - either more 3550s or perhaps a 2960 or two. With 4 or more I should be able to setup some decent LACP, PAgP and STP scenarios, along with L3 routing via the 3550s.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the ComputerName value in Unattend.xml using PowerShell

Testing out Link Aggregation

Xbox 360 Exclusive JRPGs on Xbox One