Of paper worlds and the mysteries within

I've found myself drawn back into reading great, chunky novels of late - I'd eased off for a while, which made me feel strangely like I was missing out on something (perhaps I was). I followed up my re-reading of Pratchett's Witches Abroad beginning The Lord of the Rings, which has since been partially interrupted by my beginning A Game of Thrones (finally).

In an attempt to keep things a little more cheery, I'm also going through The Dilbert Principle on the side but I must admit it isn't tickling my funny bone as consistently as I would like.

A Game of Thrones has pretty much met my expectations thus far - my only previous exposure to it was watching the first episode of the TV series but I really wanted to read the book before embarking down that path and I'm glad I did so. Martin uses some rather nice descriptive prose throughout and the quality dialogue is also worth mentioning.

On a side note, I've been mini-marathoning my way through Daria lately, a show I only saw bits of when it was airing. There are some top lines and, to my mind at least, Jane and Trent really do steal the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the ComputerName value in Unattend.xml using PowerShell

Testing out Link Aggregation

Xbox 360 Exclusive JRPGs on Xbox One